The Project now offers TelePrEP so that the community can access us virtually. This is available for new clients of The Project in addition to our current clients.
Here's how it works:
- Schedule a virtual consult at a date and time that works for you
- Log on for your consult at your scheduled time
- Complete your required lab work
- At our lab
- Curbside lab services (we'll come to you)
- At a lab of your choice
- Receive your PrEP in the mail
Schedule a FREE Virtual Consult
Virtual PrEP Q&As
The Project is hosting virtual PrEP Q&As on Thursday, Aug. 20 at 4:30 p.m. and on Saturday, Aug. 22 at 11:30 a.m. for anyone wanting to learn more about PrEP and how it can prevent HIV transmission.
These Q&As are free to attend and open to the public. The following will be discussed:
- How PrEP works
- Possible side effects
- Starting PrEP
- How our program works
No need to RSVP. A link to join will be provided soon.
Prevent HIV Transmission with PrEP
When taken daily, PrEP reduces the risk of getting HIV from sex by 99% and from injection drug use by 70%. PrEP is easy to take and has minimal side effects.
Please note that PrEP only protects against HIV and not other STIs. That's why it's important to use other forms of protection like condoms.
Who Should Take PrEP?
The CDC says you should take PrEP if any of following apply to you:
- You’re in an ongoing sexual relationship with an HIV positive partner.
- You’re not in a mutually monogamous relationship with a partner who has been recently tested.
- You’re a man who’s had unprotected anal sex with another man or you have been diagnosed with an STI in the past 6 months.
- You’ve injected drugs in the last 6 months or plan to in the future, especially with shared needles or works.
- Regardless of gender or sex, you do not regularly use a condom with partners whose status is unknown and your partner has risk factors for potential HIV exposure (basically, if any of the above apply to your partner, you should consider PrEP).
Why PrEP with The Project
- Full service PrEP clinic with on-site lab and pharmacy
- Services including lab fees and medication are provided at no cost to the client
- Virtual and in-person appointments available at your convenience
I Want to Learn More
We're glad you're interested in PrEP at The Project! Check out our blog "7 Common Questions About PrEP" to learn more or schedule a FREE consult with our PrEP nurse to discuss the medication.
Questions? Please email Madeline Robel or call (309) 762-5433.